The Hawaiian Historical Society membership will elect a president and trustees at the Society’s annual meeting on Thursday, May 3, 2012, at the University of Hawai’i Kamakakūokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies auditorium. The election will be held during the business meeting before the evening program on Hawaiian surfing traditions.
The Nominating Committee, chaired by outgoing trustee Ian Birnie, has proposed the following slate for consideration:
For reelection for president for a second one-year term (May 2012 to May 2013)
- Glenn E. Mason, AIA, principal with Mason Architects, Inc. Mr. Mason has served on the HHS Board of Trustees since 2007.
For election as trustees for a three-year term (May 2012 to May 2015):
- Esther K. Arinaga, retired public-interest lawyer
- Don J. Hibbard, Ph.D., heritage specialist
- Jadelyn Moniz Nakamura, Ph.D., integrated resource manager, Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Shari Y. Tamashiro, cybrarian with the Center for Excellence inLearning, Teaching, and Technology at Kapiolani Community College
For reelection as trustees for second three-year terms (May 2012 to May 2015):
- M. Puakea Nogelmeier, Ph.D., professor, Kawaihuelani Hawaiian Language Program, University of Hawai’i at Manoa
- Gary A. Okamoto, M.D., senior vice-president and chief medical officer, Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific
- John P. Rosa, Ph.D., assistant professor of history, University of Hawai’i at Manoa
- Janet Zisk, archivist, The Kamehameha Schools Archives, Kamehameha Schools, Kapalama Campus
The Society acknowledges with thanks the outgoing trustees: Ian Birnie, David Keliikuli, Nanette Napoleon, and James Rumford.