This position serves as administrative director for the Hawaiian Historical Society and the librarian for the Society’s research library on the history of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Islands.
This position reports directly to the Hawaiian Historical Society board of trustees and provides staff support for the board of trustees.
· Administer operations of the organization, including budgeting and expenditures
· Serve as librarian for Society’s publicly accessible research library
· Organize and implement Society projects and programs
· Manage publications programs
· Apply for and administer grants
· Oversee office operations and supervise staff and volunteers
- Library or archives experience
- Knowledge of history of Hawai‘i.
- Good written and verbal communication and good management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
· Masters degree in library and information science, or equivalent degree
· Administrative experience.
· Familiarity with Hawaiian language.
Email cover letter and resume to Barbara Dunn at email@example.com or mail to Hawaiian Historical Society, 560 Kawaiahao Street, Honolulu, HI 96813. Call 808 845-8918 for information.